Thursday, May 27, 2010

Fish is Fish

     Anyone remember that lovely Leo Lionni book/animation from back in the day? I love fish. I think they are beautiful and alien and magical. You may think I am excluding those ugly carp found in Lake Michigan and other, similarly bleak, species... But don't underestimate how full of awesome a fish can be to make up for a lack of visual charm. 



One of my favorite Aquariums is the Long Beach Aquarium. I must say though, I can't wait until I start Scuba lessons so I can take photos and swim amongst them in the wild.







































Speaking of fish, a fellow blogger and Los Angeles artist out there, Robin Charlotte, makes stupendously whimsical and appropriately humorous jewelry made from taxidermy fish. It is so delightful it needs to be seen to be believed. Truly unique and fantastic... Go take a look at her website and blog for some fishy inspiration.


Look at this belt buckle! 



2 comments:

  1. This has inspired me to go to the aquarium! Will be on my list of things to do this summer :) Amazing pictures Nessa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much for the props! <3 <3

    these pictures are wonderful too! I love every picture you take! I can't wait to see you future scuba pictures!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete