Thursday, May 27, 2010

Corsets with Sneakers - Adventures at the Renaissance Faire


Yes, it is that time of year again... I can't resist a Renaissance Faire.


     I go for the belly dancing, and for an excuse to dress of like a gypsy. I love all of the exotic oils, beautiful clothing, glass blowing demonstrations, and seeing people combine elaborate bustiers with crocs and flip flops. There is something really charming about the odd bunch of people it brings together.







My plague of greasy hair. And yes, I did use a Sharpie to do my eye makeup.






This is the essence of Renn Fair. Stuffed owls appearing to suckle from bosoms large enough to balance beer stein.






Children are especially cute when decked out in bonnets.



Obligatory, yearly, Turkey leg consumption action shot.






















This little girl was belly dancing. It was awkward and adorable all at once. Note the sneakers.






And, of course, who can resist a baby goose?

No comments:

Post a Comment