Sunday, March 25, 2012

Puffers and Bulbous Noses


It feels like Christmas outside, which is to say that when I open my window my skin tightens up with the chill of standing in front of an open freezer, smells like a distant fireplace and Jasmine, and comes with an unexplainable sense of anticipation. I love this feeling.

I will just ease my way back in here without much hullaballoo. I can’t believe how long it has been, and yet it feels like it hasn’t been that long. I’ve been doing much of the same all along: spending time with loved ones, sculpting, playing too much Zelda, accumulating a ridiculous amount of aquatic life and naming them after Harry Potter characters...

This is Luna, the best fish ever.  Ever since I was little I have loved Porcupine Puffer fish for their badassery(Poisonous and adorable all in one) and their personality. She lives up to all my expectations. At a little over 5 inches, I look forward to seeing her (and my tank) grow over the next decade until she gets a whopping 12-18 inches. SHe chases laser pins, spits water at me if I take too long to give her food, and cuddles with my Ribbon Eel (Literally sleeps right on top of the eels tail). She currently resides with some other types of puffers, hermits, urchins, and eels that I will try to showcase in time. For now, appreciate that smile. 









No comments:

Post a Comment