Saturday, December 19, 2009

My Interview for DPI Magazine

So much has happened in the last few months that I feel like I have been neglecting this blog.

I will explain further down below, but for now I wanted to post up the Interview I did for the Taiwanese magazine, DPI magazine.
Enjoy! Click on each picture to BIGGIFY!














So In short... within the last few months...

-I finished my internship at Buddy System Studios(sad face, those are some great folks)

-I discovered a lot about what I want to do with my life in the shadow of the death of someone I knew that was my age.

-I won't be pursuing any full time work in the entertainment industry like I had planned/thought I wanted, I will only do freelance projects.. and even then, when I please.

-I will be going back to school starting in January to take the prerequisites to apply for this amazing exotic animal program, my eventual goal to be that I graduate from The Exotic Animal Traning and Management program at America's Teaching Zoo(which happens to be 20 minutes from my house... there is nothing exactly like it anywhere else)... so that I can pursue something I have always yearned to do and never thought was possible for me, Wildlife and Natural History Filmmaking(think Planet Earth and March of the penguins... but with my own style of course - perhaps combine animation with documentary etc...)

-This blog is going to be a bit more of a mix of artforms - Crafts, photography, animation, creative writing about my adventures in exotic animals or about any of my adventures in general... you get the jist.


I am not leaving the world of animation, not at all. I love animation. But I don't want to make it the only thing I do, and I never want it to feel like a chore. I simply always felt myself aching to do this wildlife thang, and so I am going to do it.



2 comments:

  1. Your posts are so inspirational and heartfelt Nessa. Despite my lack of animation knowledge and creative prowess, I've always been able to fully appreciate your work, both technically and artistically. Now it appears the world shares my same view, one article at a time.

    Your posts are so inspirational and heartfelt, Nessa, that I feel like I owe you a token of good will everytime I read something you post.

    Goodluck with your new career path and everything you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Which Chris is this btw?

    ReplyDelete